Thursday, June 11, 2020

On WFH

I am grateful to have the opportunity to WFH after my ML. Despite the challenges of watching a baby and working I am thankful for my working arrangement. It allows me to spend more time with my LO and experience her milestones first hand. 

Then this global covid-19 pandemic happened. WFH felt different. I put pressure upon myself to do more due to the fear of losing my job (which I know is secured). I registered numerous conferences and meet-ups (which I normally would not have attended due to logistics) as they shifted online. I tend to take lesser breaks and cannot seem to differentiate work and leisure. Now I am exhausted and want to go back to the office at least once a week. 

Then I read...  You are not "working from home", you are "at home during a crisis, trying to work". 

This is important to realise as even I'm struggling and I have been working from home for almost a year.

Time to step back and alot time for self-care. 

No comments: