Friday, June 09, 2006

Mall of Asia Experience

My parents and two of my siblings picked me up from work and we headed off to Mall of Asia. From the outside the mall looked astounding! They have this ala Universal Studios globe outside the mall. It was that huge. A first timer would definitely get lost inside. We looked like touristas.

Good thing that there weren’t that many people there since it was a Thursday night. I heard that during Friday-Sunday there are people coming from different classes. The inside was spacious. I guess the effect of the floors and light added to this. Hopefully they will continue to maintain its cleanliness like how Shangri-la is taken care.

I wasn’t able to tour the whole mall though. We went to the strip facing Manila Bay where different restaurants such as Gerry’s Grill, Good Earth, CafĂ© Breton, Bo’s Coffee, Seattle’s Best were located. I liked how they situated these restaurants along the side of the mall so that even if the mall is closed, these restos can continue its business until the wee hours.

The I-Max part was gorgeous! They had this chill area outside the theater. There were couches, tables, music area all in red since it had a Coke and San Miguel theme. How I would love to have a spot similar to that at my own home. Too bad we weren’t able to catch a movie since we were late for the last full show.

The skating rink was bigger than the one at Megamall. People say that it is as big as the ones they use in the Olympics. I wouldn’t really know though. It has this Mt. Everest background which makes the rink appear cooler. I would really love to skate there just for fun.

The shops are great. They have a variety of stores there. From clothing, flip flops, toys, hobbies, bookstores, etc. One would easily past time just walking around the mall.

All in all, I enjoyed my short trip. I had a great time bonding with my family in another environment. It was also a good exercise for all of us with all the walking we did. Then again, I realized that it wasn’t that enormous after all. Imagine the floors of Megamall spread out in just two floors. Nonetheless, I would still gladly go back there and get my i-max experience.

No comments: