Sunday, October 15, 2006

On SAP FICO Training

I attended my last SAP FICO training. I somewhat felt glum because that meant --- goodbye free meals! We had KFC for our farewell meal and I opted for the 2 piece chicken over the Zinger --- an obvious choice for me.

On a sincere note, the 2 week course was pleasurable even if initially I had doubts if I would attend based on three points:
- there were only around 10 trainees and 8 were like big bosses
- it would eat my working hours
- I do not have a laptop which was a significant requirement

Remarkably, I actually enjoyed training not only because of the free food. It gave me a better picture of accounting for a non accountant such as myself. In addition business and functional concepts were tackled which are informative for my current module and hopefully something I can apply later on.

Good thing, it turned out that the attendees were not the same people listed. Instead of big bosses, the attendees came from ONE project. At least I was stuck with a group composed of groovy people rather than serious looking people. Promise they were a bunch of hyper people who has huge appetites. In addition, I also gained new acquaintances.

No comments: