Friday, December 07, 2007

On Addicts

An addict is to occupy or involve in something habitually or compulsively. If this routine is disrupted, one is incomplete. Usually the term addict is associated with drugs. Then again, one may be obsessed in other things. Fetish for shoes, craving for chocolates, yearning for sex and engrossment towards games are some examples.

Sadly, I am addict. I am an addicted to this no filler game called bejeweled 2. I know this is such a lame and old game, but I do not know. Every night I play it. I say that I am waiting for sleep to catch me or that I am waiting for my hair to dry but I end up being too engrossed in the game. I would not stop until I beat my previous high score.

There was a night when I planned to sleep early because I will meet up with my officemate at around 7-ish. So I was in bed by 11ish. But guess what? It was already 2 in the morning and my eyes were wide open. Was it because I was not able to get my dose of excitement or was it because I was excited for the next day?

No comments: