Wednesday, February 25, 2009

On I Don't Want to Wear Socks

I had this conversation with my 4 year old cousin who was about to go back to Chicago...

Cousin: I want to go home when I grow up.
Me: How old are grown ups?
Cousin: 10
Me: So where is home?
Cousin: *points down"
Me: Philippines or United States of America?
Cousin: Philippines.

He does not want to leave, but he has too. So I asked him to wear his socks because in less than an hour they need to go to the airport. But, guess what he said?

I do not want to wear socks cause I'm not going out.

Awww.

Eventually he knew he had to leave. So he allowed me to help him with his socks. While I helped him he asked me, are you coming with me and mom, right?

My heart melted again.

In the end my cousin left. However, he left with the expectation that I would visit him soon. He already saved a spot for me in his room so that we can play all day long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww... ang cute.. hehe

blaough said...

i know, right? he is the cutest! :)