Wednesday, July 08, 2009

On “Closing Thread Group. Please be patient.”

A patient person bears pain without any complain. A patient person portrays self-control despite grueling adversities. Oftentimes I demonstrate these characteristics. No pun intended.

As a corporate slave, I accept whatever tasks given to me -- as long as it is more or less within the scope of my skill set and/or they provide training. As a tester, I tolerate the time and again delays caused by “unavoidable” circumstances.

Waiting is a tedious task. It is not a wonderful experience. Time is wasted. Time lost is never reverted. Despite the tiresome incidents of waiting, I can contain myself – if still reasonable.

When JMeter (an automation tool) displayed the message above, I got off-guard. Imagine a testing tool asked me to be patient!

Apparently, I am not that patient after all.

No comments: