Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Basketball and Love

Basketball is like love. There is risk involved in every game that you play. In each game there is a risk for you to not only get physically hurt but for you to get emotionally hurt as well. Likewise, in love you let yourself out in the open and allow the other party to hurt you.

Despite all the risks involved, I still love basketball. I guess all the challenges, struggles, pains and sadness will be nothing since there is hope to overcome all these. Winning compensates for everything.

I really owe a lot to the sport. Up to now, it still teaches me a whole lot about life. It is about hardwork, teamwork, respect, trust, hope, perseverance, humility and camaraderie.

I hope and pray that this weekend will be our weekend. Jess, if this is our time, may it be done. If not, then I will accept it... Like what they say.. "it is alright to fall a thousand times. As long as your remember the fight and not the falling".

No comments: