Thursday, August 07, 2008

You Are Fat For A Thin Girl

Physically my built does not look that I am fat. But a comment from a trainer from my college confused me. He said that "you are fat for a thin girl" when he used this little caliper thing-a-ma-gig to pinch my skin. I was like "Huh? What is that supposed to mean?"

I am not sure if that was what got me into trying out new stuff or do some fitness whatever after I graduated. Whenever I had the time, I did random stuff on the exercise ball, with the dumbbells, my own body weight.. yeah, I guarantee that I looked like a fool. Even if I did self exercise or what not, I felt something was missing.

Eventually I got into a weekly badminton session. My gosh, my form was hideous! I tried the 3 day/1 week of Bikram Yoga. It was very relaxing but hard on the pocket. My folks got a treadmill so I was on it at least 2-3 times a week. My uncle got Wii, so I exercised my writs. Then eventually, basketball found its way back to me.

My life had greatly revolved around this sport. There was a time when life was basketball. For me, life was a game. Maybe up to now that is how I handle my life. Win some and lose some. Some things may go my way and some things may not go my way.

To win, I must physically and mentally prepare myself. To attain something I really want, I must work hard for it. However, it is unavoidable to encounter situations wherein everything is given and yet the desired goal is not achieved. Like it is not meant to be or the other team deserves it more.

What should I do when these situations are encountered? Should I accept the fact that I fell short and just stay there.. or give it another shot until I eventually reach my desired goal. Should I be like a soldier and surrender or still continue the fight? Should I still continue the possible beatings and heartaches for a possibility to attain victory?

Gosh. Life.

Therefore, exercise, exercise, exercise so that whenever I wave my marshmallow-like arms would not giggle.

No comments: