Wednesday, November 19, 2008

On Mixed Emotions

My US project manager set an urgent meeting unexpectedly. There was no agenda in his meeting invite. That was likely of him but it was unlikely of him not to wait for our confirmation or availability. Having no agenda caused speculations – we are expanding, thoughts of onshore or layoff.

Apparently, one of our assumptions hit the spot. Due to the current situation of the economics, our client decided to stop their engagement with us. When my superiors announced the news, I did not know how to react. Deep inside I was happy because honestly I think I have learned what I can learn from the project. In addition, I cannot see myself doing what I am doing any longer. However, I cannot show how overjoyed I am since we lost a client without our own doing. Therefore, I just kept my mouth shut and acted that I was lost for words

No comments: