Thursday, August 11, 2011

On Second Opinion

Today marks the second month of the eventful day when I landed on both of my folded knees. The pain is not that grave anymore. I can run, but I cannot sprint. I can jump, but I cannot leap. Since it has been THAT long and the pain has not completely subsided, I decided to get a second opinion.

Ortho did not look at my x-ray. He just looked at the reading, asked me questions regarding what happened, pinched my knee and moved my leg like a puppet. Based from that he concluded that I have ACL. He looked so sure about it. Parang wala lang, ACL yan. Taena!

After my consultation with Ortho, I was endorsed to the Rehab doctor. Rehab doctor read the "letter" from Ortho and basically asked the same questions. This time around Rehab checked the x-ray. Then she created a physical therapy plan for my left knee and tight quads/hams. Hello to another 6 sessions of PT! But take note that ACL related exercises/activities were not included in the plan.

Oh well towel. Results of the MRI on August 23 will have the answer. I wish and pray that this is just a nuisance alarm. A wake up call not to overwork my body. No, I would like to think that this is just a wake up call to be more diligent in taking care of my body and to take time for strengthening and flexibility.

Kuya Jess isinusuko ko na po ang lahat sa Inyo.
Kayo na po ang bahala sa akin.
Salamat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stay strong, Kat. Ipagdadasal ko rin yan.