Saturday, April 01, 2006

Unplanned

Today was owkay even if the things I planned to do did not push through. Initially my agenda was:

  • basketball
  • meet up with friend and watch a movie and have merienda/lunch
  • IT get together
  • fix my room

And my day turned out to be:

The last minute I accompanied my dad to watch this concert at Araneta since my mom had something to accomplish. I did not know what I was getting into. All I knew was that I was on my way to the coliseum to watch the show of some old guy named Rex Smith. I just thought that I had nothing to lose since it was for free. It was also those once in a lifetime experience that would be sayang if I would not grab the opportunity.
Mocca was the openning act. I do not think I have heard of her before. She was alright I guess. Then again, in my opinion she wasn't the right performer for the type of crowd. She sang those recent disco-ish dance songs. Like songs from Pussy Cat Dolls, Usher and the like. All in all I think she was alright. She took the risk to interact with the crowd even if it was obvious that people were restlessly waiting for the main act. Somehow people responded in some parts.
So... yeah... that was Rex Smith. He does not look that OLD naman. In fairness some of his songs were familiar to me who is an illiterate in terms of music. His songs had those romantic/love theme. He's the guy who sang Simply Jessie and You Take My Breath Away. I remember before I used to play Simply Jessie all over again...
"And I don’t know how I knew it
But I knew it somehow
You’re the answer to the question
No one’s answered till now"
No wonder the title of his show was "Forever Rex Smith".
I actually enjoyed the show. At least I get to appreciate "old" music more. More importantly, I got to spend time with my dad.
--0--
After the show, we grabbed a bite to eat. At first my dad did not like to eat out since he said that he was full. Guess what he got? 1 piece burger steak meal and pancit palabok! Riiiiight. That is a meal for someone who was FULL! How ironic. Good thing I nagged him.
--0--
Then I got dropped off at my friend's house. She was home alone since her whole family plus the helper was on a vacation or something. A situation like her's called for an inuman. And that was what occurred.
Drinking tip: same color goes together.

No comments: