Friday, April 22, 2011

On Single hood

Before I sleep I often catch myself contemplating on why am I still single. Are my standards too high? Am I looking at the right place cause maybe the One is just right there?

Then again, I don't think my standards are THAT high. Is someone with a decent occupation, pleasing values, good relationship with the Ultimate and great physique too much to ask for? Am I too serious? Okay, the last criteria may be negated – in short husband material.

On the other hand, maybe it is not the One, maybe it is Me. Me who is too preoccupied with work, basketball, ultimate, family and friends. Me who is not pleasing enough to catch someone's heart or even one's attention. Cause if the One is really out there then the chance should have presented itself by now.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with my current situation. It is just there are instances when I feel alone. Case in point when mom told me, “Mag-bf ka na nga.”. But why should I rush? I believe I deserve the best the Ultimate has to offer so why would I settle for someone less than the best.

* Pero sana dumating ka na please para maging mas-happy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Each passing day, we come closer to meeting the One. Patience lang yan. Meanwhile, let's keep on improving ourselves. :)

blaough said...

^^ Korek! Buti nalang mahaba ang pasensya ko. Sana lang at mayroong inaantay. :)