Saturday, May 14, 2011

On Being Foolish

Whenever I ask my teammates if they want to win the obvious answer I get is "yes". But how come I cannot see this "yes" in actions? Then again, who am I to judge. My passion and determination to win might be in a different level and it might be getting the best of me once again.

What am I to do? I am SO tired of losing. In my countless years involved in team sports I was never part of a team with a winning tradition. Most often, I belong to a team lacking in talent, experience and fundamentals. That is okay with me as long as there is heart and determination displayed in every practice and game.

This makes me think if I should continue to play competitively cause I am not sure if every single teammate of mine is in the same page as I am. Maybe I should just play for leisure to prevent further heartaches cause honestly it sucks big time. The difference between impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination and truth be told I do not see that in each of my teammates.

But, I am stupid. I am foolish. I cannot stop. Whenever I do not get the outcome I want it pushes me to try again. Try and try even if it hurts hoping that the next result will be the one I am yearning for. Is there something wrong with me?

As they say: Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.

Kahit isang panalo (for now) lang please?
Tas isa pa ulit.. at...times infinity.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kung ang Bulls, naaangat ng isang superstar, ang DK din kaya. Ikaw ang superstar na 'yon. At ako. At si Quino. At si Alex. At si Pau. At si Josh. Feeling ko kailangan magkaroon ng superstar-thinking ang bawat isa sa atin. Kailangan nating maisip na ang "ako" ang makakapagpaangat sa DK.

blaough said...

Ayaw ko maging superstar. Mas gusto ko na "there are no superstars in my team, only role players." There is no 'I' in TEAM. In TEAM, Together Everyone Achieves More.