Monday, July 11, 2011

On Monthsary

Dear Ultimate,

Today marks a month when I used both of my knees as feet. A month has passed and yet I am not yet 100%. It is killing me especially I am someone who uses sports as refuge from all the “kaguluhan” in this world.

Sports is the only thing that moves me. Despite panic Mondays, Wednesday midweek humps and Friday weekend modes I find the motivation to get up and go to the office because at the back of my mind there is Ultimate waiting for me. Thirsty Tuesday is a treat as well because of the sweat that comes with Basketball. During weekends instead of sleeping in and letting the day pass by I get up earlier than workdays at my own will.

I have learned my lesson. I should not overwork my body because I am not as young as I used to be. I should take care of my body --- eat well and sleep early. More importantly, I should choose my battles carefully and slow down from sports. I should show how much I appreciate my family and the simple things in life.

I know that I am a fairly patient person. But, when will the day come when I won't feel any pain? I think I am losing it. Please give me the strength to continue living with purpose and enthusiasm.

No comments: