Sunday, September 25, 2011

On Extension

My extension will end on the 30th of this month. A small part of me wants to stay and see my project go-live but a huge part of me desires to leave and take on another challenge. What is the right thing to do?

I only see two positive things if I extend until mid-October. First is that I will make my home company happy for they will still earn from me cause I gave in to their "suggestion" to finish the project wherein I am the only tester. Second, it will somewhat solve the resource issue.

Then again, based on how things are going there is no assurance that my project will go-live by mid-October. This may lead my home company to sweet talk me again on extending. Being assigned to a company which does not have a strong IT foundation hampers my career growth.

Personally, I would love to be a bench model. Time to relax and re-tool. More time to attend on my personal matters.

Is this the right path to take?

No comments: