Monday, September 19, 2011

Para Sa Iba

The moment I landed I knew there was something wrong. But the competitor in me kept going and finished the game. Despite the pain in my knee (I forbid to call it an injury), I finished the remaining games of summer league and continued to play in another tournament in which I never missed a practice and game.

If logic should take into play, I should have an "injury timeout". Everyone is telling me to have a break and that I am punishing my body. But I promised myself once a upon a time that I will continue to engage in sports as long as my body can.

I got in night league. Many were not fortunate enough to make the cut. Is this a sign for a last hurrah before having a break? But I am having second thoughts. I know that if I do, I would be pushing my body to the limit once again. This would be a great opportunity to test how far I can go.

I know that I am not 100%. I cannot sprint nor leap. But as they say, "laging mayroong paraan kapag gugustuhin". I can still run and jump. Despite my current physical condition, I was able to give end zone assists and catch the disc. The question is, will I be contented with this mediocre performance?

Nakaka-frustrate! Kaso gaanon talaga. Weak ako! Ang maganda sa ngayon, tanggap ko nang mahina na ako. Pero nagpapalakas na ako para sa iba.

No comments: