Sunday, March 05, 2006

Baffled

When my co-worker and I arrived from our break another co-worker signaled us to hurry because there was an emergency meeting. We, being less powerful individuals, panicked since the guard did not notice us. Finally the guard woke up and opened the door.

We thought it was a whole project meeting but it turned out as a per team meeting. Then and there I sensed something unusual. Recently, I was sort of adopted by another team since they needed more resources. Those were the people in the room. I was kinda frightened since I didn’t feel that comfortable with the group yet. My stomach tightened when Project Manager announced that from 24 people only 13 will remain since 5 people from the on shore team retired from the project.

Whoa! Do I still deserve to be in this project? I didn’t expect my teammates to be released this soon. If ever March was the soonest. The expressions in everyone’s faces were priceless. Some lit up. On the other hand there were those who were shocked.

What will the future hold? Wouldn’t it be lonely without them? Will the night differential compensate outweigh the negativity?

Let’s find out then…

No comments: