Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bus Ride

Imagine this:

You are in a bus on your way home after a looooooong day in work.
All you want is a quiet ride home so that you can relax.
But lo and behold... the conductor isn't the only one shouting.
There is a weird guy yelling:

Magandang gabi po. Ako si *insert name*. Commerce graduate ng *insert university*. Humihingi po ako ng tulong. Baka po may konting pera kayo diyan... para po makapag-print ako ng akin resume. Alam yo po naman na hindi ako pwede mag-apply kung wala resume.

A couple of good hearted people handed him money. But after 10-15 minutes he began to shout again:

Magandang gabi po. Alam yo naman po na 11% sa atin ang walang trabaho. Kaya po baka mayroon kayong konting pera diya para makapag-print ako ng resume.

That was not all. After another 10-15 minutes, he gave unwanted advice regarding call centers and what so ever that I have no interest in. The conductor reprimanded him however he still continued his stunt.

Stress!

Hmm, this wans't the first time I saw the guy. I know, with all the buses available how come I picked the one with this queer guy! Now I am disturbed. Is he going to use the money he got to print those resumes or not? I wanted to tell him: Do you have a softcopy of your resume? I can print it for you. And if you want, I can even forward it to different companies. Hmm, maybe that was all crap since whenever he received money the expression on his face did not change. He did not look grateful in any way. Then again, maybe it was really scripted for his thesis or something.

No comments: