Tuesday, August 17, 2010

M&M 2010

The whole league was a truly challenging experience. It was the venue where the ladies can shine for there were no men in sight. There were no athletic guys to count on. Each one was forced to step up and work on my so-called game. We only had each other.

I merged with a fairly new team. Practice was not held weekly. If we were lucky enough to have training we were not complete. There were some teammates who I only saw during game day. It was stressful.

How do you expect to perform well if there was no right preparation? How do you work as a team if there was no communication? How do you know what to do if it something is not explained in detail?

It was not smooth sailing. There was no synergy. Personalities clashed. Conflicts aroused. Individualities were provoked. It was that bad that there came a point that I missed my original team and sadly I wanted the league to be over. But, I did not give up. I kept fighting the battle. And I am happy as each game progressed we started to work as a so-called team.

Despite all the adversities M&M was one for the books. I was given the chance to exercise my patience and push myself to my limits. All in all, I learned a lot. We may not have gotten a W but I gained experiences that can make me a better Ultimate player.

Salamat PaTerrors!

No comments: