Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Terminated

I got in work and did my routine. I turned on my machine and opened the web browsers to VPN, Client’s email, testing tool and test scripts repository after accessing the social networking sites. Surprisingly, my VPN account was disabled, I cannot access my Client’s email and cannot login the testing tool and test scripts repository. I tried again and entered my passwords with caution. Yet, I still got the same results.

So, I emailed our Client using my other email and reported my concern. After a couple of minutes my oh so responsible Madam replied and said:

XX disabled your accounts today, let's discuss this when I come in.

My instinct was correct. The client decided to terminate the project abruptly due to attrition and quality of work. Attrition is acceptable, but quality of work? That was kind a low blow. Whenever I talked to my counterparts they always had positive feedback.

I was like… OKAY. What pissed me off was she did not have the decency to inform me before hand. She had to wait for my email instead of contacting me beforehand? It only showed the lack of communication. I bet the second reason was due to bad management.

Good bye project. I’m free! :)

No comments: