Friday, June 03, 2011

On Anniversaries

An anniversary is a day of the year on which something once happened is remembered. It is something to look forward too. It is a day of celebration commemorating such a date like birthdays, wedding anniversaries, etc.

Never expected that an anniversary could also be a sad one. This type of anniversary is something I do not look forward to - ever. Today marks that kind of anniversary. I miss your calls during my birthdays and how you always prepared spag/pansit for me even if I am at Luzon and you are at at the Visayas region. I miss you. Period.

Even if you are living your other life, you will always be with me. But right now, I need to move on and be brave. No more weeping at your grave. Yes, you are no longer here, but my memories of you will never disappear.

I love you Lola.

No comments: