Tuesday, January 03, 2012

On Broken

When people first saw me in crutches they could not help but ask what happened to me. I appreciate the concern but there comes a point wherein I got tired of explaining what happened. In the countless years I have engaged in physical activities July 11 was the first time I seriously got injured. I want to erase that memory on how I tore a ligament in a none bearing just for fun game lang.. Ang saklap. 


Three weeks ago, I graduated from crutches. Now I am using a single cane. But still I get stares and questions from people. Maybe it is due to the sterile strip under my chin due to an unfortunate event that transpired last Christmas. 

A while ago on my first day of work for 2012, the security guard asked me: Ma'am nahulog kayo?

I replied: 
Wag mo nang itanong kung bakit ako nabalian ng buto. 
Malamang nung nahulog ako sa'yo.
'Di mo ko sinalo.



Fail.

No comments: