Monday, January 16, 2012

On PCL Update After Rehab Day 12

In fairness each time I consulted my rehab doctor he saw an improvement. First time I saw him I could barely move without any support. Second session was better. I was able to shuffle my way to the bed. The most recent session was by far the best. I had a cane for props only. After 12 PT sessions, flexion was up to 100-110 degrees and lag was at 5 around degrees. Though, my quads are still jello.

Woohoo! Now is not the time to be complacent. I should push and persevere more to reach my goal. By next consultation, my flexion should be at least 130 degrees and lag should be gone. Hopefully I could jog as well.

So why am I punishing myself in rehab? If I get better, would I still be able to play? Would I still play? No doubt I love sports. Sports have been a huge part of my life. But the question is, can I live without participating physically in sports? I have done it for almost 3 months and I am still alive.

Oh well, I will cross the bridge when I get there. For the meantime, I should focus on getting better. Eyes on the prize, self. Kakayanin ko ito kasi andiyan ka e. :)

No comments: