Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On Uncertainties

Here we go again. The other day, I got a phone call from Engagement. Currently they are seeking to close a deal. Proposals, budgets, resources – all those paper works and negotiations are in the works to win this project. Apparently, I am one of the candidates for this 3-month on-site assignment, which explained the phone call.

This afternoon, the RM head went up to me at my cube. He asked for my permission if it would be okay to line me up for the mentioned on-site project. Definitely, out of practice, before agreeing to something I asked for details. As usual, RM head does not have the specifics on hand as of the moment. All I got was nine months will be added to the initial three months.

With the so-called economic situation, the logical response that I had to give was my positive word. Did I make the right decision of saying “yes”, despite the minimal information?

Oh well. Nothing is certain for now. For this project to materialize is still uncertain. In addition, knowing how HS handled these circumstances, this will take decades to transpire – that is if ever it will happen. There is nothing I can do but pray what is best for my professed career and me.

No comments: