Friday, March 11, 2011

On Losing

I do not take losing very lightly. Yes, it is a fact that the outcome may not go as planned. I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying. I dislike the feeling of dissatisfaction or lack of fulfillment afterwards. It haunts me.

Clearly I am serious when it comes to Ultimate and Basketball. Too serious that I guess my passion gets in the way and my intensity gets the best of me. But then I again, it would be unfair to the sport if I do not go all out every single time may it be in practice or in an actual game. How would I except the sport to love me back if I held back? What is the sense of playing competitively?

Ultimate and Basketball are team sports. I am not taking it against anyone except myself, but I guess I just need to accept the fact not everyone shares the same seriousity that I possess to prevent future frustrations. Hopefully this will not stop me from pushing myself to achieve my full potential.

As they say: one should not stop trying to operate in excellence. I should keep in mind that no matter how discouraged I get I should still have DIGNITY. Therefore, I hope that even if it upsets me when things are not going as planned I can continue to push myself and not lose hope. Once I give up and lose hope, then it is already game over.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

'di ka nag-iisa sa passion mo. 'di ko alam kung saan nanggaling ang passion na yan, pero sana maexperience ng lahat ang pinagmulan niyan. gusto kong manalo ulit ang DK.

blaough said...

Maybe we are frustrated athletes kaya ganun. Hehehe!