Wednesday, March 16, 2011

On Onshore

I met two foreigners in the tour I joined. One was from the US and the other was from Germany. The guy from US has been teaching English in Japan for 3.5 years and counting while the girl from Germany has taught German in Australia and at present she is touring around Asia. She stayed in Bali, Indonesia prior to going to SK. Sarap ng buhay nila!

Two thoughts entered my mind:
1. My brother has a future as a teacher contrary to what my mom believes.
2. I want to experience the "on-shore" life.

I guess I asked to soon and when I checked my office e-mail I got a "Congratulations" message from my QA manager:

She has been accepted in ********* and may fly soon to *insert country*.

It has been a long journey for ME (to be onshore) and it sure is satisfying to know she finally will fly!


*Who checks her office e-mail while on vacation?*

*gulp!*

No comments: