Friday, November 25, 2011

On PCL Day 1

Had my operation earlier today. They picked me up from my room at around 5AM and was brought to the OR. After the 2 local anesthesia and penetrating the IV needle in my right hand I waited eagerly on top of the operating table. My Anesthesialogist asked if I wanted to be sedated. I replied "ok lang". Next thing I knew I was asleep. I woke up when my ortho greeted me and said "hi" then I was back at dreamland. In the middle of the operation or I do not know what part I woke up. I heard music but I did not feel anything nipple down. I did not see what transpired because there was this blue curtain which covered my view. It was cold and I think that is what woke me up. So I uttered, "malamig.... ang lamig... ang laming... zzzzzz".

I was awake when they finished, but I wasn't sure. Everything seems like a blur right now. So I was brought transferred to a bed and parked me at some corner. Someone asked me if I can feel my legs and if I can move my toes. I tried but it felt numb. I think the anesthesia was still in my system. I complained about the cold again so they covered me with a warmer. But despite that I shivered and everytime I did this machine went haywire.

Finally when I felt my lower body I was rolled back in my room. That was about almost 1pm already which made me wonder how long the operation was. Anyway, I watched tv, drank meds, ate, slept. I don't know, what else was I supposed to do.

The worse was when  I felt like peeing. It was such a huge struggle. They gave me a bedpan, pero ayaw e. Success lang nung sa make-shift toilet. :)

All in all, the surgery was not bad. I did not feel a thing. I was knocked out. Now the challenge is the recovery. I know there will be many obstacles. But I should not focus on that instead I should focus on my goal which is to get better the soonest. Fighting!

No comments: