Monday, February 20, 2012

On Life Without IT


My June 11 incident was a huge turning point in my life. In my almost 3 decades of existence, IT had been a huge part in my way of life. Patintero, piko, 10-20, land-water-air and agawan base were my recess during my elementary years. Eventually, basketball, badminton and table tennis became my lunch and my snacks. Basically, I sleep and breathe IT.

Despite other worldly obligations I made ways to attend to this yearning. There was something about IT that made my body long for more. Even if my body is ached I shrugged it off and continue. Then on one dreadful Saturday it appeared that my body took so much punishment and my knee told me to have a break.

Yet, being me, I tested my knee for another tournament. Success rate was obviously not met that led to frustration. I was able to perform but in the level I know I could have if my body was ready. Opponents got the best of me. Due to my incapability to perform how I know I can, I made the decision to take a rest to attend to my body.

Dark ages arrived. While my teammates and friends sweated it out, I was stuck at home resting or at rehab. The feeling sucked big time. But eventually I got used to living without IT. At least I did not have to experience the agony of defeat.

But is it worth living a life without undergoing the whole process of preparation, anxiety and the highs and lows IT brings?

No comments: