Wednesday, February 29, 2012

On Facebook


How come when you try not to think of something you notice it more?

As part of my Lenten sacrifice 2012 I decided not to access Facebook. This is actually long overdue. Lessening time over this social media is part of my NYR 2012. This remained a goal until the start of this Lenten season when I finally did something about it.

Years ago, Facebook was not around. Now it seems like I am missing many things. Details of meet-ups, birthdays and other events are now sent through this site. What is going on in my family, relatives and friends minds are also shown there. I feel out of the loop not being “informed”.

Then again, I know people who does not have an account. There are are also people who has an account but only open it from time to time. These people do not feel that they are missing out on anything.

I guess it is a matter of perspective. Are the latest happenings that important to know? If they want me involved there are other methods to get in touch with me. On the good side, I have time to be so-called productive. I hope that when Lent is over things will not go back to the way it used to be.

No comments: